Thursday, July 28, 2011

HEAT WAVE

The temps here have been over 100 for a month now. We are all HOT. SO naturally I am thinking of my fall wardrobe. I'm ready for jackets and long sleeves. Heck, I wish it was cool enough for capris. Anyway I have been dreaming. I almost can't sleep because I dream about sewing. Its an addiction for sure. I found some houndstooth a couple days ago at Hancock's and it was on sale...really good sale. So of course I needed it to make another trench coat from my McCall's 5525 pattern. Here is the first one: I got a coral satin for the lining. I made it SO much quicker than the last one. Maybe because of my shoulder injury but probably a lot had to do with knowledge. I had never made a coat before, this time I knew what I was doing. I had trouble with the lining last time because there is ONE direction that confused me but this time I worked with it until I got it. I am not going to post a picture right now because I don't have buttons on it yet. Everything else is finished but the buttons. In fact this is a huge issue right now because I can't decide on black buttons or coral buttons. UGH. I found some cute coral buttons the other day but idk if I want to do that. I mean I don't want it to clash with stuff I wear with it. (like maybe my red Chanel handbag...knockoff) or some plum colored pants. So maybe I should just stick with black BUT I don't want to be like every other houndstooth coat out there. See my dilemma? SO naturally I asked all my facebook friends...I literally got half for coral buttons and half for black buttons. I am just going to have to go look at buttons until I find the perfect ones. Here is the pattern. I made view B but with long sleeves.

I have about a million patterns pulled for my fall wardrobe and something amazing is happening...we are getting a JoAnn's on friday so the day after tomorrow I get to go look there IN MY TOWN. I am so glad to have another fabric store so close by. I have a few lined jackets, a winter coat, shirt dress, Jeans, sweaters and more all picked out and I am excited to get started and to be able to wear them in the COOL weather. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment