Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Ice Tornado

So about 2-3 months ago we had a "microburst" here in my town. Basically what that means is a very heavy rain/wind storm blew in like a tornado and knocked down everbodys fences. We were looking outside because it started to hail pretty bad and I said "my car is going to get dented" becuase the hail was about golfball size. Then all of a sudden it started coming down like mad. We weren't sure if we should hide in the hallway (our tornado area) or not worry. The hail was hitting everything SO hard. I have literally never seen anything like it. It truly was like a tornado ran through our town. Our fence blew down of course and water seeped into our house through our window and ruined all of our laminate wood flooring. UGH. Now those of you who know me personally know that just a few years ago we had a plumbing issue that ruined our floors so badly that we had to replace them. Well we had to replace them again but I was not about to put wood floors back in. I mean I really doubt that we will get water damage again since we have taken care of those problems but seriously I don't want to deal with that. Laminate wood floors look TERRIBLE when they have water damage. They get all warped. We were walking around after the "Ice Tornado" and water was literally coming up out between the slats of flooring. So we decided to get tile. I wasn't sure about this because I didn't want my living room to look like a bathroom. So we picked out large tiles in a rust/black/brown combo. After we ordered them I just wasn't sure if I really liked them and so I just had to wait until they came in so we could put them in. Well they are here and we have begun putting them in. I LOVE them. I think I love them more than the wood. Here are some progress pics.



OH and the microburst really freaked Claire out. She is still talking about it a lot and she calls it the Ice Tornado. I think that sounds a lot cooler than microburst. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment