Tuesday, December 28, 2010

on fire

So today i was listening to music doing my housework and I started thinking about God and how I wanted to be more faithful in seeking Him. I've been feeling this way for awhile now. Anyway today it occurred to me that maybe I'm not seeking Him but He is seeking me. I feel this pull to Him and it is certainly not due to anything I am doing. Even when I feel so far away from where I need/want to be I am being pulled into worship of Him. It is so weird because I am just mopping and this song comes on by swithfoot called On Fire. This song is so great. You should listen to it. Anyway while I am listening to it I just feel like it is saying exactly what I am feeling inside and it reminds me of all the times I have felt far away and how I feel a longing deep inside for closeness to Him. How as soon as I give in and put in the effort or even before that He is there invoking worship from my heart, filling my soul with Joy. It just shows me again and again his mercy. I fail and He forgives before I even ask. He hears the groaning of the spirit within me. Its incredible to me. His mercy and grace are amazing and I am so undeserving. Here are the words that caused me to worship today.

But everything inside you knows
Says more than what you’ve heard
So much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything you are
Give me one more chance to be... (near you)

Cause everything inside looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I’ll take

When I’m on fire
When you’re near me
I’m on fire
When you speak
And I’m on fire
Burning at these mysteries
These mysteries...

No comments:

Post a Comment