Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simplicity 8953

So here it is! I'm finally all finished with the princess dress! I got it all made up for her and put it on her and she gasped with joy! She kept talking about going to the ball. haha. All I can say is that this dress is perfect for a girl her age! She loves princesses and dressing like a true fairytale princess. I had so much fun with this dress.
The fabric is satin. A dull satin and a shiny satin. At first I was not sure about the color because it was so bland looking but now I am so glad. At the last minute I made a headband for her with some ribbon that matched the dress. It was easy as well. I just hot glued everything. =)

I saw the pattern for this a few years ago and I thought that it looked so hard but beautiful! I'm glad I bought it because now it is out of print. You can still get it though. I can't believe I finally made it! =)

The shoes were from Gap. We loved them as soon as we saw them. When we got ready to take pictures I said "Claire, go get your shoes." and she said,"They aren't shoes, they're glass slippers". That is the fun of all this. I just love that she loves it so much. It was meant to be OVER the top! =)

All I know is that I am just so proud of this dress. It is probably my favorite project ever. I'm glad I saved it. I love the fabric. I love my baby and I love the photographer. I did do a review of the dress pattern and it is here

1 comment: