Sunday, November 28, 2010

Taking a break

I am in the middle of a break from sewing. Tomorrow, however, I must buy some ribbon so that I can finish the gloves for Claire's Christmas dress. WE will take pictures soon. I am also getting some lights for the house because Claire really wants some. haha. She is so into Christmas this year. It really makes it hard to be a grinch when she is around. Christmas is so magical to her. =)

So anyway I started reading the Harry Potter series and I'm almost finished with the first book. It is great. I am really enjoying it. There was one little thing that bothered me a bit. It was how the Dursley's are portrayed as boring bigots. I do know that there are people out there that are like this but I must say that being someone who has strong religious convictions, I would hate for people to look at me that way. If they don't like witchcraft that is fine. No need to make them out to be a slimy bigotted character. But really it has nothing to do with Christianity or anything but it just seemed like a lot to me. A lot of making the reader dislike these people who were against witchcraft. It just almost seemed like the author was trying to push her convictions or rather SHOVE them down children who will be reading these throats. Its a little silly probably because other than that part I've really enjoyed it. I am excited to see what happens and I'm also excited to see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment