Friday, November 5, 2010

Purple wool and leopard print

So I threw out my scale. I was addicted to weighing. I'm not sure if that has helped my diet or hurt it. There is a neurotic part of me that loves weighing and competing with myself and that keeps me on track. HOwever, it keeps me on track while I get upset over every pound of water weight. Now that I dont have a scale I only rely on the scale at the gym and the scale at weight watchers. I am not losing weight very fast so I am not sure it is a good thing. I can't seem to get in control. If there is something tempting to eat, it doesnt take much to make me stuff into my mouth. I have lost 3 pounds in like 10 weeks. That isnt good. =( I know that I am not obese but I am overweight and i hate how I feel. A few years ago I got my weight down to 123 and I felt awesome! Why did I let myself get back up to this point. I'm not at my biggest but still. It is frustrating to have to start basically all over.
In other news I made a coat. I never thought I could make a winter coat. I am really proud that I was able to do it. I used pattern McCalls 5525. I originally was going to use a lighter weight black on black leopard print but I couldn't find the right kind of fabric. While fabric shopping I found this purple wool blend and I loved it! I love purple anyway! So I bought it and got started. It took me about 2 weeks but I went camping in that time and I pretty severely injured my shoulder. (its been hurting about 1 month but it is wayyyy better now) so it was slow going but I'm sure I could've gotten it done faster. It was definitely the hardest project I've ever attempted. I've never made a fully lined coat. I did shed a few tears of frustration but I finally finished it. So, it was interesting but now I know and I will be able to make my next one much easier. In fact I already have all the fabric for it. It is black with random sparkles in it. I am going to make the 3/4 length sleeve jacket with it. Well here is the picture...


I actually ordered some leopard ponte that ended up being VERY stretchy. In the picture it didnt look stretchy at all. =( I was disapointed but I did make a jacket out of it. This is a lesson to me to change my serger thread. You'll understand when you see the picture. You just can't cut corners if you want it to look right. Its ok though because I still like the jacket. lol


Next I am making a dress for Claire. It will be the most fancy dress I have ever made her. I really wanted to make an elegant dress for the Holidays for Claire to wear in pictures. I have been saving this dress for 2 years until I had the skill and she was big enough for it. That day is here and I am hoping to have a one of a kind beautiful dress for her. I am making it in champagne. I LOVE the picture they have on the pattern so I am doing just that. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Grr. I just tried to make the picture rotate but when it uploads it is sideways. How silly. Oh well. Turn your head sideways, I guess. =D

    ReplyDelete