Saturday, November 6, 2010

Gather, gather and more gather.



Today I gathered the skirt of the fancy dress that I am working on. MAN that thing is gathered. It is incredible. I just basted it today to get a feel for how it is going to look. I am calling it quits for the day. I will probably work more on it either tomorrow or monday. I need to let my brain rest. It is amazing how mentally exhausting sewing is. So far it hasn't been near as difficult as I was expecting but it is probably the most challenging thing I've made. I think that the cording and the gathering has been the most challenging thus far in this project. I actually think that the cording makes the bodice look so professional. I love it! At first I was a little stressed because you can't press satin very well but now that I've actually seen it on Claire it is just right. =)
I can't wait to see it all finished. I tried it on Claire just now and it is a little scary how HUGE it is. It is very fancy. Like cinderella fancy. INSANE! I'm not sure if I love it just yet. I can't wait to see it with the sash and the gloves. When I pulled it onto Claire she gasped. She LOVES it. That makes this whole process worth it. You can just tell that she feels like a princess. So here's to a VERY HUGE and VERY FANCY Christmas dress. (that is cream...yeah...NO COOKIES for her on Christmas..haha... jk.)

No comments:

Post a Comment