Friday, November 5, 2010

Totally immersed


So I am just checking in because I am making this dress for Claire. I am making basically the same one as the live dress in the photo. I bought cream fabric and lace. I have been looking very forward to making this. I am about 1/2 way finished and it has been difficult already. Probably the most difficult thing I've made thus far. I made my own cording, which was a first for me. then I made the bodice. I have done ONE of the overskirt parts and the underskirt and I gathered them and pinned them to the bodice just to see and oh my goodness they are going to be gathered to the MAX. I am going to have to take a picture of the gathered part before I sew it. It is incredible. I have never gathered something this much to fit such a small bodice! wow. I guess that is why this dress is so poofy! haha. Right now I can't seem to envision it because it is all cream. I am anxious to see it all finished because right now it kind of looks boring. I'm second guessing the color. BUT I think that once it is finished it will look elegant and like a dress any little girl would fantisize to have! Claire LOVES dresses and dressing up so she will probably love how poofy it is going to be. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it. haha. I am usually one to just work and work until I am finished but since I want it to look professional I am FORCING myself to take a break and go to sleep. I have to learn to take it one step at a time. I just get so excited to see the finished product. eek! I can't wait! Well more pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment