Monday, October 29, 2012

Meeting Marcus

Absolutely terrified. That is how I felt on the day we went to meet Marcus. We met at Chick fil a. We were meeting up with our case worker, his case worker, his foster mom, and him. We finally go and we get there early and I go in to use the bathroom since Claire fell asleep in the car. Mike stayed in the car with her. I saw the case worker was already there so I went to get Claire and Mike at the car. As we were getting out of the car we see Marcus pull up! I recognized him because we had pictures of him already. I really just wanted to wait until we got inside before we met because I was so nervous but Claire had different plans. Claire sees him and recognizes him and yells, "MARCUS!!!!! Hey, Bro!!!" So we met in the parking lot. It cracked me up. She really broke the ice. They immediately went inside to the play area. :) We got to talk with the case workers (where we found out we get another new case worker) and the foster mom. They all had great things to say about Marcus. So finally we get something to eat and Marcus eats all of his food and then mine. He has an appetite on him! We went in after to watch them play. The kids all played really well. Marcus broke his glasses which they said he did often. :) We asked some nervous questions to him about his favorite color (red), his favorite food (pizza), etc. It was awkward for sure but still went perfect. The evening came to a close and he said, "I'm going with you." and I was like "no, not today." and he got upset. He said he was ready to come home with us. I was SHOCKED. I walked him out to his case workers car and got a hug and said goodbye. We got to our car and Claire cried because she didn't want her brother to leave. Really it was awkward but it went perfectly. It really couldn't have gone better. The case workers left it up to us to decide visitation from there. We decided to meet up the next Tuesday, a week later. We were going on our annual camping trip that weekend. They said it wasn't a good idea for that to be our first visit. I understood that it would be a lot for him to take in.

No comments:

Post a Comment