Monday, October 29, 2012

Meeting

We had a meeting with case workers today. I was very nervous. They set my mind at ease though and we learned a little bit about Marcus. Sounds like he has a VERY similar personality to Claire. I think that this is going to work out just fine. I really hope so. I guess we don't really know how it will go until he has been here a few weeks/months...after the honeymoon period. I can't wait to meet him and we get to do our very first visitation on Tuesday Oct. 9. Claire is so pumped she can barely contain herself. It is going to be quite awkward. His foster parents and case worker will be there watching us. I hope it goes well. I just pray that Claire and Marcus get along and that they are on their best behavior. They said he was really loving and sweet and affectionate. I dont think it will take long for me to fall head over hills for him. I have only seen his picture and I'm totally in love! I can't wait to see his personality. If he is like Claire he will be a funny guy. :) I guess it will be good to meet up with the foster parents so we can kind of learn a little more about him and some of his quirks at home. I just can't wait. I really hope it all works out. So far everything has worked perfectly. I mean stuff we prayed for has been answered. He wasn't being abused so I am happy that he at least had that working for him. He has been in a great foster home for the past 2 months. The workers just raved about them today. They love Marcus but they do not feel led to adopt. She said her purpose in life is to be the in between support between point A and point B whether that be reunification or adoption. It sounds like they were the perfect in between for him. He will only have to move 3 times. Thats really great for a foster kiddo! We will be his 3rd and final placement. I hope he likes us. We are already smitten with him. I look at his picture every single day. He is just darling. That is MY SON. Wow. Its so hard for me to be this hopeful. I've been let down so many times in this area and I'm afraid to hope. I know its a little early to let myself hope this much and get this attached to him because its still not 100% but I can't help myself. I even went out and got him bedding today. I plan to spackle his room tomorrow and then pick some paint after that. He likes cars so I got him a car comforter set. Its really cute! I got a decorative pillow and wall decals too! Looks like he is going to have a racecar room! He wants to be a drummer! I am going to look into drum lessons for him. How awesome is that!? Anyway I am going off on a tangent. The thing at hand: visitation. They said they'd like him to be with us full time by Thanksgiving. That is 1.5 months. She said it could be shorter or longer though depending on our connection. My biggest fear is that he will reject us completely...but he has to go somewhere and I think it will be a good fit for him to be with us. Who's better for an ADHD kid then parents who have dealt with behaviors like that already!? We'll see how it all goes. I could be crying next week over it. I am going to be praying for an instant connection. He still believes his first placement to be his Daddy. :( that may be difficult for Mike to deal with. There are extreme reasons why he is not there through no fault of him so its sad because he just doesn't understand yet why this has to be this way. I just hope we can make him comfortable and a part of the family and that he will love us as his mommy and daddy really soon. We will have patience and give him time though. It just may be difficult to hear sometimes. Well off to dream land. I will be praying for that connection. I just want him home with us so we can start our new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment